The Bourne Legacy is the fourth feature film in the Jason Bourne film series, set for release on August 3, 2012. It is based on the novel by Robert Ludlum and Eric Van Lustbader. It is directed by Tony Gilroy, screenwriter of the first three films, and stars Jeremy Renner as a CIA agent. Matt Damon did not return for the film.
The first part of the film takes place at the same time as The Bourne Ultimatum, with a new cast of characters grappling with the consequences of Jason's actions.
Comparison with novelEdit
- Jeremy Renner as Aaron Cross
- Rachel Weisz as Marta Shearing
- Edward Norton as Eric Byer
- Joan Allen as Pamela Landy
- Albert Finney as Albert Hirsch
- Scott Glenn as Ezra Kramer
- Stacy Keach as Turso
- Oscar Isaac as Outcome-3
Additionally Paz, portrayed by Edgar Ramirez is briefly seen shooting and killing Simon Ross (portrayed by Paddy Considine) at Waterloo Station, event which also takes place during The Bourne Ultimatum.
Originally the film was to be written by George Nolfi, and would star Matt Damon, Julia Stiles and Joan Allen. However on November 30th 2009 Paul Greengrass stated he was not interested, and the project was cancelled. Matt Damon said he wouldn't return to the Bourne franchise unless Greengrass directed again.
Gilroy said he did not get involved with the project "until the rules were that Matt [Damon] was gone, Matt and Paul [Greengrass] were gone, there was no Jason Bourne. That was the given when I had the first conversation about this. So it was very important to me, extremely important to me, that everything that had happened before be well preserved and be enhanced if possible by what we're doing now." He also said, "you could never replace Matt [Damon] as Jason Bourne. This isn't James Bond. You can't do a prequel. You can't do any of those kinds of things, because there was never any cynicism attached to the franchise, and that was the one thing they had to hang on to."
Tony Gilroy was announced as writer and director on June 9, 2010. The film was set as a "sidequel", rather than a direct sequel or reboot of the franchise. Shooting began in January of 2012, in New York and Manila, Philippines.
|The Bourne Legacy: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Film score by James Newton Howard|
|Released||August 7, 2012|
|James Newton Howard chronology|
|Film Score Reviews|
Track listing Edit
|1.||"Legacy"||James Newton Howard||2:40|
|2.||"Drone"||James Newton Howard||4:15|
|3.||"NRAG"||James Newton Howard||0:59|
|4.||"You Fell in Love"||James Newton Howard||1:42|
|5.||"Program Shutdown"||James Newton Howard||3:00|
|6.||"Over the Mountain"||James Newton Howard||0:51|
|7.||"High Powered Rifle"||James Newton Howard||2:50|
|8.||"They're All Dead"||James Newton Howard||2:48|
|9.||"Manila Lab"||James Newton Howard||2:40|
|10.||"Wolves/Sic Ric"||James Newton Howard||2:19|
|11.||"Doctor of What?"||James Newton Howard||4:28|
|12.||"Aaron in Chicago"||James Newton Howard||1:32|
|13.||"Wolf Attack"||James Newton Howard||2:57|
|14.||"Chem Talk"||James Newton Howard||1:35|
|15.||"Flight 167"||James Newton Howard||3:30|
|16.||"Aaron Run!"||James Newton Howard||1:08|
|17.||"You Belong Here"||James Newton Howard||1:17|
|18.||"Cognitive Degrade"||James Newton Howard||2:49|
|19.||"17 Hour Head Start"||James Newton Howard||3:51|
|20.||"Viralled Out"||James Newton Howard||0:58|
|21.||"You're Doing Fine"||James Newton Howard||1:18|
|22.||"Simon Ross"||James Newton Howard||1:37|
|23.||"LARX Tarmac"||James Newton Howard||1:45|
|24.||"Magsaysay Suite"||James Newton Howard||3:04|
|25.||"Aftermath"||James Newton Howard||2:49|
|26.||"Extreme Ways (Bourne's Legacy)"||Moby||4:51|
- ↑ Weintraub, Steve (August 12, 2012). "Writer/Director Tony Gilroy Talks THE BOURNE LEGACY, Deleted Scenes, the Franchise Going Forward, His Thoughts on IMAX and More". Collider. http://collider.com/tony-gilroy-the-bourne-legacy-interview/187798/. Retrieved September 4, 2012.
- ↑ Hornaday, Ann (August 10, 2012). "Tony Gilroy talks about the fractious, entertaining, lucrative ride of ‘Bourne’". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/tony-gilroy-talks-about-the-fractious-entertaining-lucrative-wild-ride-of-bourne/2012/08/09/b38f4af4-e0be-11e1-a19c-fcfa365396c8_story.html. Retrieved September 5, 2012.
- ↑ (November 14, 2011). "James Newton Howard to Score 'The Bourne Legacy'". FilmMusicReporter.com. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- ↑ (June 12, 2012). "Varese Sarabande to Release 'The Bourne Legacy' Soundtrack". FilmMusicReporter.com. Retrieved July 27, 2012.